The World is uniting to prevent suicide.
Yellow Ribbon Week 2017 (#YRWeek), is partnering with fellow leading organizations for National Suicide Prevention Week (#NSPW), September 10-16, 2017.
Since 9/8/1994, Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention Program (YRSPP) - an international network has made suicide prevention accessible to everyone and educates about the important role we all have in being there for someone who is struggling or in crisis!
This year we want you to consider what kind of Link you will be. Be A Voice, Be A Friend, Be A Champion, Be A Lifesaver, What will YOU Be _________? Click the "Be A ___________!" graphic to download and use on your social media platforms.
Yellow Ribbon Week is September 10-16, 2017 (aka National Suicide Prevention Week [U.S.], Intl Suicide Prevention Day Sept 10)
There Are Many Ways To Join & Promote Prevention Week:
- Promote the hashtag #YRWeek when posting social media messages. (see others below*)
- Get YRWeek Gear. This year we have great shirts to help you share the messages!
- Get YRWeek Kit. (Op. Members Only)
- Visit Suicide Prevention Week Activities Suggestion List.
- Develop prevention week activities locally; hold Walk/Run for Life, and/or Memory Ceremonies and more Let us know what you are planning/doing!
- Help make Yellow Ribbon Ask4Help wallet cards available to all.
- Become a Supporting Member of the YRI Family/Network, helping make Suicide Prevention accessible all year long.
- Be active on Social Media, it works best when it becomes a conversation. Join the YRI Conversation on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram, some of the hashtags to use and watch for during #YRWeek are: #YRNSPW, #NSPW, #BeALink #Take5toSaveLives, #SuicidePrevention, #SuicideAwareness, #BeThe1To & more.
The Yellow Ribbon is the symbol of Suicide Awareness and Prevention, and for Survivors world-wide! The Heart in the center is in Memory of all of our loved ones!!
ALL Current Program Sites / Chapters / Clubs get your YR Week 2017 Kit HERE!
If your membership is not current you can update that here.
Some other partner resources: